Tuesday, May 08, 2007

VIEWMASTERS




When the artist Vladamir presented her work to us I was amazed in the way she did it. She went out of the ordinary and made her work through view masters. This was a refreshing experience in class. Her medium was individually owned and was a medium that no one else would work with. What I loved about this medium was that it was all viewed through view masters. It told a complete story, a narrative, in pieces. I think that what made this work so unique was that she made it all, she literally handcrafted her work, which in a way made the work more meaningful. The way she presented her work her work, where as every single person had a viewfinder of their own, gave her work more meaning. I like the fact that everyone had their own viewfinder to view, and the fact that it was our own yet you knew everyone else was looking at the exact same thing. My favorite work by Vladamir was Actaeon at Home. The reason I found this piece to be more interesting then the others, was because of the fast moving pace. Unlike this one, her other work asked us to changed images at a slower pace. Actaeon at Home constantly changed the pace from fast to slow. This had more of an impact to me because I felt as if I were getting an adrenalin rush, I felt that I had to change the frame faster and faster. I didn’t even have to listen to the cue, in order to change the frame. With this particular piece you kind of got a sense of when you should change it. Besides her having different frames, she also had them in interesting angles, like the train, where you got a close up, then a long shot, then back to the train tracks. This work was an interesting piece that makes interact with the artist as much as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home