Saturday, March 24, 2007



The camera obscura seems little short of miraculous, even after the optical rationale has been explained… That Abelardo Morell was able to photograph the thing in action, in effect producing photographs of a photographic process, and that he has done so with such lapidar and transformative eloquence, is breathtaking.

Luc Sante, from his introduction to Camera Obscura

I happen to find Camera Obscura really interesting. The way you capture an image of an image is interesting. Your capturing the process of a photograph, through your photographs. This image actually reminds me of the Camera Obscura images that were going on In INOVA by the artist
Ethan Jackson. Although I never actually saw the images themselves I would assume that they were similar to this image, because of the buildings and details.

What I really liked about the work that i saw from the artist Ethan Jackson was how it looked so peaceful and natural. I liked how the images were so simple, yet they had so much meaning to them. The image that i particularly liked was the one that kind of like if it were taken in a building, and it seemed as if there were clouds within the building. I aslo like the image of the window, how it was so natural and balanced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home