Tuesday, March 06, 2007

PLAY ME

ME TOO!


Last week when we watched this video in class I found it be very interesting. I really like the way this filmmaker is clear in what they are trying to say. From the words he uses, the images she shows us. The video Dead Time is actually my favorite between the two. I like the way he uses bright colors at times. I also like the Night Shots, perhaps the reason i like them is because I can relate them to my video "El Parque". When I shot that video, obviously it was night, and the only light illuminating you were the street lights. Even though it was dark, you got a feeling of peacefulness, or at least that's the way I see it. When I saw the video Dead time, even though I know the video is about war, and death, the night shots with light gives me a sense of...."OK, at night the city doesn't seem like its in war, it's seems peaceful". Now when i first saw this video i didn’t see the comparisons between this "Dead Time", and "El Parque", but after i reviewed it again i could definitely see some similarities between the two. Similarities including the use of space, color, and the mixture of moving images with still images.

The video " From Beruit" was fascinating. I really liked how the director had the people say nothing. If they did say something it wasn’t verbally, but by facial expressions. Their gaze told us what they were feeling. The words the director used to describe what they were feeling were so strong, that along with the imagery. The image that I particularly remember the most, was the one where the little boy is looking straight to the camera. Even if I only got a glimpse of it, the image was so strong that it stood out. The way he showed an image for about a second then went back to the people gazing at you fit really well with the video, it gave it mood of sorrow, fear, and even hatred.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home