Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My Final Words

Experimental Film was definitely a challenge for me. Like i said in one of my previous post, i was introduced to a new world of art. I was unfamiliar with this work, and had no idea how to interpret it. Then the semester progressed, and i slowly realised that the work had more meaning then what was being projected one screen, you just had to go in depth in order to understand it more. Throughout the different works i viewed fro m different artist i learned that artist work in many different ways, and expresses there thoughts in different ways as well. We viewed feature length films, that dealt with reality, then we had movies that dealt with isolation, other topics that came up were the use of space, camera movement, words, and so on. I'm not gonna lie, i still don't feel that i have a full understanding of the this medium, but by taking this class, i know i got an idea of what it is, and what it can represent. Some of the work i didn't like, and some of it i enjoyed, i guess it all depended on the subject, or the way the work was being presented. This is the end of my journey (well, at least for three months) and i hope that i can further my understanding of this medium in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home